ENEOS 5w-40 CS Fully Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6

ENEOS 5w-40 CS Fully Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6 Review




I pulled the trigger on purchasing this oil because I have heard such great things about it. I was initially going to purchase some Amsoil, but I stopped myself because of the fact that you need to purchase a membership and then pay shipping and tax. Purchasing from amazon gives you tax free shopping and free shipping.

I really researched this oil thoroughly, as I really like to know if it's worth shelling out the extra money. I came up with a lot of people being unfamiliar with the oil and some people that raved about it. The oil is produced by Japan's largest oil company "Nippon Oil". Even though there isn't a lot of information about this oil, I remain at peace of mind because it's a Japanese company. The Japanese for the most part produce some of the best products from electronics to cars. I don't think this oil would be a bad product because of all of the huge advertisements and the fact that it's not exactly a trial and error product because Nippon is such a big company. Many of the Japanese cars come with Nippon Oil from factory.


My Impressions:


I swapped out my old oil on my 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i to this oil. I was formally running Pennzoil Platinum, which is a great oil, but I really wanted a top notch group "FUllY Synthetic" oil. When I first opened a quart I smelled the fresh oil because many people have said that the oil smells like alcohol because it's fully synthetic. I can confirm that this oil does smell like hard liquor. The oil is also very different in color when comparing to other oils. It's almost completely clear with a light yellow hue. It's almost similar in color to corn syrup.

After swapping my oil out I took my car for a ride and was pleased with the smoothness and overall throttle response.
I'm also impressed with the gas mileage. I tried a 40w oil once before and it tanked my mileage pretty badly. My manual states that the preferred oil is 5w30. However, I wanted to try this in the 40w form.



ENEOS 5w-40 CS Fully Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6 Feature


  • Fully synthetic
  • High performance motor oil
  • API SM/CF ACEA B3/C3






Posted byJess at 6:30 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment